You've heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, how about #GivingTuesday?
Community Missions, within the theme of its “The Gift of Giving … The Joy of Receiving” Christmas Program, is encouraging you to support the agency in a number of ways on Tuesday, Dec. 3.
- You can make a tax-deductible financial contribution. (Here's how)
- You can donate food, clothes and household items. (Here's how)
- You can volunteer your time to help spread holiday cheer at the Mission. (Here's how)
|DONATE ONLINE WITH PAYPAL||DONATE BY MAIL|
Mail-in Donation Form can be saved to your computer and completed electronically.
- Give $12.03 to mark the date of #GivingTuesday (Dec. 3) and keep the Clothes Closet open for a day!
- Give $19.25 to mark the year CMI opened and provide three families with 27 meals each through our Food Pantry!
- Give $42.00 to mark the 42 beds available in Crisis Housing and provide a night of shelter for a single mother and her children!
- Give $88.00 to mark CMI's 88 years of operation and buy gas for a week's worth of food donation pick-ups!
- Give $125.00 to mark the average of 125 people that eat in the Community Soup Kitchen daily and provide 60 people with a nutritious meal!
- Give $217.00 to mark that 21.7% of residents in Niagara Falls live below the poverty line, compared to just 14.3% across the country, and provide housing & meals to a family of five for three days!
These programs allow individuals to select food, clothes, accessories, household items and furniture pieces that they may need for many different reasons.
Just bring your donations to our main office at 1570 Buffalo Ave., Niagara Falls. Click here for driving directions. Pull up to our front door (under the overhang) and bring your donations to the front desk, or come in and ask for a hand if you have a lot to unload!
Also, remember that volunteers are always needed at the Community Soup Kitchen, open six days a week (not on Sundays).