- Robyn L. Krueger - Executive Director
- Joe Sbarbati - Associate Director
- Grant Babcock - Director of Operations
- Lisa Malinowski - Director of Mental Health Housing Services
- Marilee Clark - Director of Youth Services
- Yvonne Clark - Director of Mental Health Recovery Services
- Doug Renning - Director of Finance
- Rev. Mark Breese - Director of Ministry and Community Partnerships
- Don Luce - Director of Public Relations and Development
Robyn L. Krueger - Executive DirectorContact: (716) 285-3403 x.2238
Robyn L. Krueger has been a member of the Niagara County community since 1974. A graduate of SUNY at Buffalo with a BA in Psychology, Ms. Krueger has also completed some SUNY at Buffalo graduate studies in the Counseling and Educational Psychology Department.
Ms. Krueger has been employed with Community Missions (CMI) since September 1977, having become the agency's Executive Director in September 1994. She began her employment with the organization as a live-in houseparent to six adolescent males in Niagara Falls.
At present, Ms. Krueger serves on a variety of local, county and state committees, boards, and/or associations:
- Association for Community Living
- Juvenile Detention Association of New York State (Executive Board - Training Institute Chair)
- Niagara Behavioral Healthcare Network, Inc. (President)
- Niagara County Mental Health Service Providers Network
- Niagara County Juvenile Justice Taskforce
- Niagara County Coalition for Services to the Homeless and Continuum of Care (Niagara County Homeless Coordinator-Chair)
- New York State Association for Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services, Inc. (Board of Directors: Chair of Human Resources Committee; Past Co-President)
- New York State Office of Child and Family Services (Runaway/Homeless Youth Advisory Board)
- Empire State Coalition of Youth and Family Services (Executive Board - Upstate Vice President)
Ms. Krueger is a member of the Who's Who Among Outstanding Business Executives, a 2003 nominee for New York State Senate's Women in Leadership Program and a graduate of Leadership Niagara' Class of 2004. She was the 2006 recipient of the Anthony J. Cuccurullo Award, given annually to an individual working in the field of Juvenile Justice, and received the 2011 Niagara Award for Management from the YWCA of Niagara, Inc.
Joe Sbarbati - Associate DirectorContact: (716) 285-3403 x.2243
Joseph V. Sbarbati has been employed with Community Missions since 1983, serving in a variety of management positions throughout his 30+ year career with the agency. He is a 1973 graduate of SUNY at Buffalo with a BS in Social Welfare.
As Associate Director at Community Missions, Mr. Sbarbati assures the proper treatment and empowerment of individuals that receive CMI services, and is responsible for personnel management. He serves as the Corporate Compliance Officer, Chairperson of the agency's Ethics Committee, while also providing supervision to CMI's Parole Re-Entry and Family Services programs, along with overseeing the agency's Quality Assurance/Training department.
Mr. Sbarbati is active in the community, serving in the following capacities:
- Niagara County Community College Human Service Advisory Board
- Northpointe Council, Inc. Board of Directors
- Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center Ethics Committee Member
Grant Babcock - Director of OperationsContact: (716) 285-3403 x.2237
Grant Babcock has been employed with Community Missions since 1992, serving the agency in varied roles throughout his 20+ years. He is a 1985 graduate of Baldwin-Wallace (OH) College with a BA in Business Administration with an emphasis is Computer Programming.
As Director of Operations for the agency, Mr. Babcock oversees the day-to-day operations of the physical plant and maintenance departments for the agency, along with the Crisis and Community Services division.
He first began his connection with the agency when his father, Rev. Calvin Babcock, was named Executive Director of Community Missions in 1976. After volunteering at the Mission as a teenager, Mr. Babcock became Property Manager and Director of Supported Employment in 1992, before taking over as Director of Operations in 1995.
An active member of the community, Mr. Babcock is a founding member of the Niagara County Coalition for Services to the Homeless. He is also a Past Commodore of the LaSalle Yacht Club (2002), and served as an officer of the organization for four years. He is also a past member of the Niagara Falls Kiwanis Club and a former chair of the St. Paul's Board of Trustees.
Lisa Malinowski - Director of Mental Health Housing ServicesContact: (716) 285-3403 x.2266
Lisa Andrus Malinowski joined Community Missions in 1985, and has held a number of different management positions throughout her nearly 30 years at the agency. Ms. Malinowski is a 1983 graduate of SUNY at Buffalo with a BA in Social Sciences Interdisciplinary Studies and Community Mental Health with a minor in Psychology.
As Director of Mental Health Housing Services, Ms. Malinowski is responsible for the overall development, operation, and evaluation of all CMI's Mental Health Housing Services. She is ultimately responsible for assuring the highest quality service provision for all those served. Other responsibilities include assuring adherence to all regulatory agencies, OMH certification standards, regulations and administrative policies and procedures, hiring, training and personnel issues.
Ms. Malinowski serves the community in a number of capacities:
- Committee Member and current Conference Chair for the Annual Association for Community Living Agencies in Mental Health (ACLAIMH) Conference
- Within the Association for Community Living (ACL), she is Conference Chair for the Western Region Direct Care Staff Training Committee, serves as Western Regional Director, and is a Board Member of the New York State organization.
- Former Executive Member (Secretary) for Heritage Manor of Niagara Adult Home
- Volunteers for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life and a past volunteer for the Road 2 Recovery Mental Health Awareness 5K Run/Wellness Walk.
Marilee Clark - Director of Youth ServicesContact: (716) 285-3403 x.2265
Marilee R. Clark joined Community Missions in 1986, serving in a variety of management and direct care positions throughout her 25+ years with the agency. Ms. Clark is a 1986 graduate of Buffalo State College with a degree in Criminal Justice with a Sociology minor in Deviant Behavior. She is currently completing her Graduate work in the area of Social Policy.
As Director of Youth Services, Ms. Clark assures the highest quality service provision, proper suitability and effective programming for all divisional youth in care. She also oversees the staffing, management, supervision and 24-hour operation of all the agency's Youth programming.
Outside of her duties with the agency, Ms. Clark also serves the community in a variety of roles, including:
- Chairperson of the Niagara County Juvenile Justice Taskforce
- Membership Chairperson for the New York State Juvenile Detention Association
- Member of the New York Gang Investigators Association
- Member of the New York State Alliance of Sex Offender Service Providers
Yvonne Clark - Director of Mental Health Recovery ServicesContact: (716) 285-3403 x.2267
Yvonne L. Clark joined Community Missions in 1983, having held a number of direct care and management positions throughout her 30+ years with the agency. Ms. Clark is a 1984 graduate of Niagara County Community College with an AAS degree in Business Administration and Management, and continued her management studies at SUNY of Buffalo and Niagara University.
As Director of Mental Health Recovery Services, Ms. Clark is responsible for the overall development, operation and evaluation of all the Division's programs, assuring the highest quality service provision is afforded to all those served. She also oversees the staffing, supervision and 24-hour operation of all the agency's Recovery Services.
Along with her duties within the agency, Ms. Clark also serves in a variety of roles in the community, including:
- Has served on both local and state levels of the New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (NYAPRS)
- Invited to present a workshop at NYAPRS Convention on the implementation of the Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS) program.
- Treasurer of Maple Avenue Elementary School Parent Education Group
- Secretary of Whirlpool Mothers Club
- American Cancer Society Volunteer
Doug Renning - Director of FinanceContact: (716) 285-3403 x.2232
Doug Renning joined Community Missions as Director of Finance in March 2004. A graduate of the University of Denver with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Mr. Renning also earned his Master's degree in Accounting from Canisius College in 1999.
As Director of Finance, Mr. Renning is responsible for managing all aspects of the agency's approximate $6.5 million budget, including all financial reporting, budgeting, contract management and cash flow planning. He oversees a staff of three employees that handle the organization's accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and benefit administration.
Mr. Renning is a Certified Public Accountant in New York State. Prior to pursuing a career in accounting, he spent nearly 15 years working in the hospitality industry in various locations around the country. He is a 2007 graduate of Leadership Niagara.
Rev. Mark Breese - Director of Ministry and Community PartnershipsContact: (716) 285-3403 x.2259
Rev. Mark Breese initially joined Community Missions in September 2005 in a part-time role as Volunteer Coordinator, then accepted the call to become the full-time Agency Minister in July of 2010. A graduate of Trenton State College (now The College of N.J.) with a BA degree in Communications, he received his M.Div. from Colgate Rochester Divinity School in 1997.
In his role as Director of Ministry and Community Partnerships, Rev. Breese oversees the agency's faith services, while also building relationships and partnerships within the community. He has an open-minded and progressive theological approach to his ministry, emphasizing unity over differences and embracing ecumenical and inter-faith cooperation.
Ordained as a minister in the American Baptist Churches USA (ABC-USA), Rev. Breese has nine years of experience in parish ministry, having served at ABC-USA and United Church of Christ churches in Niagara County. The first church Rev. Breese served (and where he was ordained) was First Baptist Church in Niagara Falls, NY-- one of the down town churches that founded the Mission in 1925.
Don Luce - Director of Public Relations and DevelopmentContact: (716) 285-3403 x.2226
Don Luce joined Community Missions in 1998 as Director of Public Relations and Development. A 1957 graduate of the University of Vermont with a BS degree in Agriculture Economics, Mr. Luce also received a Master's degree in Agricultural Development from Cornell University in 1958.
In his role at Community Missions, Mr. Luce oversees the external relations and fundraising activities of the agency. Prior to his position with the agency, he served as Executive Director of International Voluntary Services, and Director of the Asia Resource Center, writing, researching and speaking on the history, cultures and economies of Southeast Asia, Korea and Taiwan.
An activist and advocate for Southeast Asia, Mr. Luce is an author with several books published on the region, while also having produced award-winning television documentaries on the subject. In addition, his work has appeared on ABC News, the Today Show, CBS Morning News and Good Morning America, along with the New York Times, Washington Post, Newsday and countless other publications.
By The Numbers...
In 2016, Community Missions provided:
• 11,104 nights of shelter
• 89,366 meals
• 6,744 individuals with clothing
• 2,295 care days in Youth Services
• 46,888 care days in Recovery Services
• 73,994 care days in Housing Services
• 182 opportunities for Faith Development