You've heard of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, how about #GivingTuesday?
Community Missions, within the theme of its "The Gift of Giving ... The Joy of Receiving" Christmas Program, is encouraging you to support the Mission in any of several different ways on Tuesday, Nov. 29. Click here to donate directly to Community Missions' #GivingTuesday efforts!
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Christian Hoffman. Phone: 716-285-3403 ext. 2247. We do ask that if you would like to volunteer at the Mission, please contact us in advance.
- Dine Out on #GivingTuesday! Looking for a fun way to
give back to the Mission? How about dining out for a cause! On Tuesday, November 29, several local restaurants will give a portion of their
revenues to the Mission. These include:
* Rainforest Cafe, 300 3rd Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14303 (716) 278-2626 - 10% of day's sales
* TGI Friday's, 300 3rd Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14303 (716) 282-2580 - 10% of day's sales
* Niagara American Cafe, 443 Main Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14301 (716) 284-8801 -10% of day's sales
* Power City Eatery, 444 3rd Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14301 (716) 299-0124 - 10% of day's sales
* Village Bake Shoppe, 417 Center St., Lewiston, NY 14092 (716) 754-2300 - $1 for each Cake In A Cup sold between November 28 - December 2!
* Submariners, 6004 Buffalo Ave., Niagara Falls, NY 14304 (716) 524-2568 - 10% of day's sales
* Third Street Retreat, 425 Rainbow Blvd, Niagara Falls, NY 14303 (716) 371-0760 - 10% of day's sales
* Panera Bread, 1508 Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY 14304 (716) 297-3567 - 10% of sales between 4 p.m.-8 p.m. if you bring in THIS FLYER!
- Hold a Turkey Drive! The Mission distributes food for Holiday Dinners before Thanksgiving and Christmas. The largest hurdle to making this happen is securing turkeys. A turkey drive, beginning in mid-November (when stores typically start running deals on them) would be a tremendous blessing. We typically need a total of approximately 300, and were left scrambling last year. Donations can be accepted any time between Nov. 15-Dec. 12, but we will have lots of volunteers with strong backs on Nov. 29 to make things easier!
- Donate other Food for Holiday Dinners! Along with turkeys, we typically also ask for items such as stuffing, instant potatoes, yams/sweet potatoes, macaroni & cheese and cream of mushroom soup to help us fill out these holiday dinners. Once again, donations for the holiday dinners can be accepted any time between Nov. 15-Dec. 12.
- Donate $$$! Financial donations are needed year-round, but especially during the winter months, when our food and utility costs rise dramatically. Last year, we provided over 17,000 meals in November and December alone, and we expect a larger demand this year. If you or a company you work for makes charitable year-end donations, please consider the Mission. We accept online donations, via credit card, via check or in person. Click here to make an online donation!
- Donate Warm Winter Gear! Hats, gloves, mittens, socks; all of these items are in need during the winter months at the Mission. We also pass out these items in the days before Christmas, and would welcome a donation of these, or any other new or gently used clothes that you can spare any time!
- What's Your Idea? Let us know how you would like to help the Mission, and we will work with you to make it a success!
By The Numbers...
In 2016, Community Missions provided:
• 11,104 nights of shelter
• 89,366 meals
• 6,744 individuals with clothing
• 2,295 care days in Youth Services
• 46,888 care days in Recovery Services
• 73,994 care days in Housing Services
• 182 opportunities for Faith Development