Compassion in Action ... Since 1925
Since its founding in 1925, Community Missions has provided a unique blend of referral, crisis, spiritual, community support, recovery and residential services for youth and adults. These services are offered in cooperation with donors, churches, groups, clubs and other service providers and governmental agencies.
Community Missions of Niagara Frontier, Inc., is a community-based, independent, non-profit, religious service agency providing residential and support services to persons and families in need without regard to race, sex, religion, or national origin; in a way that the persons or families served are respected for and can ultimately fulfill their maximum potential.
Through a process of self-determination and independence, Community Missions provides individuals and families with opportunities to discover and find their place in the world.
The following seven core values have been selected to operationalize the Mission Statement of the Agency:
- Respect: Conduct that demonstrates regard for an individual's path of self-determination
- Spirituality: Our belief that is that everyone benefits from spiritual growth; and while the Agency's moral vision is specifically Christian, we provide opportunities and linkages that will enhance a person's spiritual growth and wholeness in the faith/spiritual tradition of choice.
- Teamwork: Collaboration amongst all parties designed to creatively and professionally support positive and measurable outcomes
- Compassion: Awareness of and empathy for challenges that do not define a person but lead to an opportunity of growth and development
- Integrity: A Foundation grounded in the dignity of all persons characterized by an atmosphere of trustworthiness, honesty, and a sincere desire for excellence and ethical behavior
- Commitment: Assuring the development and implementation of strength-based interventions, communications, and practices that promote individualized and comprehensive services that are resourceful and effective
- Responsibility: Accountable and reliable behavior and actions that display a commitment to identify and enhance each person's self-defined potential
By The Numbers...
In 2016, Community Missions provided:
• 11,104 nights of shelter
• 89,366 meals
• 6,744 individuals with clothing
• 2,295 care days in Youth Services
• 46,888 care days in Recovery Services
• 73,994 care days in Housing Services
• 182 opportunities for Faith Development