Tidings of Joy Christmas Campaign Underway at Local Librariesby Christian Hoffman
For over 20 years, the Youth Services (REACH) division of Community Missions of Niagara Frontier, Inc. has coordinated with Niagara County libraries to put on the Tidings of Joy Christmas Campaign. The program provides Christmas gifts for youth involved with the Mission, allowing members of the community to purchase gifts for the youth.
The project involves setting up trees in local libraries with paper ornaments corresponding to wish list items that the youth have requested. The trees are located in libraries in Niagara Falls (City and LaSalle branches), North Tonawanda and Lockport. Patrons are asked to return an unwrapped gift to the library by Dec. 15. The program then disperses the gifts to the youth to ensure a happy holiday season!
The program is supported by a number of wonderful local organizations, including the Seneca Niagara Casino, St. John de LaSalle Parish, and Staples. Please contact 285-3403 x.2231 with any questions, or participate by visiting a local library today!
Tidings of Joy Christmas Campaign
What? Tidings of Joy Christmas Campaign to benefit youth
Why? To provide youth involved in Community Missions' Youth Services with presents for Christmas
When? Presents due back to library by Monday, Dec. 15
Where? Pick up ornaments with wish list items and return the presents to Community Missions (1570 Buffalo Ave., Niagara Falls, NY 14304), or one of the following libraries:
• Niagara Falls City Branch (1425 Main Street, Niagara Falls, NY 14305),
• Niagara Falls LaSalle Branch (8728 Buffalo Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY 14304)
• North Tonawanda (505 Meadow Drive, North Tonawanda, NY 14120)
• Lockport (23 East Avenue, Lockport, NY 14094)
By The Numbers...
In 2016, Community Missions provided:
• 11,104 nights of shelter
• 89,366 meals
• 6,744 individuals with clothing
• 2,295 care days in Youth Services
• 46,888 care days in Recovery Services
• 73,994 care days in Housing Services
• 182 opportunities for Faith Development